COMPLETE UPPER AND LOWER TEETH REPLACEMENT
This treatment is considered in the below conditions.
- When all the teeth are missing and patients is already a denture wearer.
- Extreme gum infection which has resulted in severe mobility of all the teeth.
- Most of the teeth are decayed and beyond repair.
- The remaining teeth are already root canal treated and recurrent abscess and not responding to repeated antibiotic treatment and other conventional treatment.
- Many of the existing teeth are grinded to hold crown and bridges and are decayed under the crown and bridges making the bridges to fall out.
- The remaining teeth are only few where a dental bridge cannot be successfully made.
- Ill fitting or loose denture. This happens when the jaw bone shrinks on long term teeth less condition.
- Most of the teeth are removed following a cancer surgery in the mouth or after a severe trauma as in the case of a major road traffic accident.
- Very rarely to correct facial aesthetics as in the case of improper jaw proportion.
Simple OPG X-ray to CT scan maybe necessary to assess the volume of jaw bone available to anchor implants. That way the position of vital structures like nerves blood vessels and sinuses are located so that while placing the implants they are not violated. With this examination the surgeon can assess the position of implant and the number of implants going to be used etc.
Types of Procedures
1. Single stage or Immediate loading also called as Same Day
In this procedure dental implants are placed on the same day Abutments are attached, measurement is taken and temporary bridge is given in 6 hours time. A week later permanent bridge is given.
2. Two Stage
In this procedure dental implants are placed totally buried under the gum. These implants are left unloaded for a period of 4 – 6 months and during which time a temporary denture is given. After the healing period of 4 – 6 months the implants are uncovered, abutments attached, measurements taken, and finally implant supported bridge is fabricated and attached on the implants.
Patients missing all the teeth
Upper and Lower implants in place with healing caps on
Abutments placed on to the implants
Implants fitted with the bridge
3. Implant Supported Removable Denture
In this case 2 – 4 implants are used to stabilize the denture. The denture is retained either on a ball abutment or on a bar which is attached to the implants. This is an inexpensive way of full mouth dental implant treatment.
4. All on 4 implants supported hybrid dental
In this case only 4 implants are used in each jaw and a screw retained acrylic denture is screwed on to intentionally tilted implant.
Full mouth dental implant treatment is quiet expensive. Hence it is a common practice that patients travel abroad for cost saving. But it is important that one should choose the right dental clinic and the dental surgeon to perform the procedure not many clinics are specializing in full mouth dental implant treatment. But at Scientific Dental Clinic 95% of the cases that we do is full mouth dental implant treatment. There is a clear 80% savings in treatment cost compared to full mouth dental implant treatment in West and Australasia.
How useful was this page?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: