Dealing With Denture Problems
A common replacement for damaged or lost teeth are dentures, which can mimic the functionality of real teeth to a certain degree. Dentures are made from plastic and metallic materials and can be inserted and removed at the patient’s discretion. However, they only provide 10% biting efficiency, give very little stability, and have a high probability of missing their mark, which can result in patients biting their cheek or tongue.
Problems With Dentures
- The removability comes at a cost as since they require cleaning several times a day
- Affects speech and remain a slipping haphazard while smiling
- Since the plat is covered, the quality of taste is affected while eating food
- Biting power is significantly reduced to almost 10% of natural teeth
- Causes the structural integrity and jaw strength to deteriorate with age
- Have lesser aesthetic appeal and often cause the cheek muscles to sink
Why Choose Dental Implants?
- The functionality is almost identical to natural teeth
- Provide maximum strength since they are anchored to the jaw bone
- Are permanent restoration solution and can be cleaned easily without requiring special devices or treatments
- Do not affect speech but improve it by stabilizing the jaw and occupying gaps to prevent slurring
- Implants have inert physicochemical properties hence do not react with body tissues and fluids.
- Do not cause a bad sensation in taste.
- Dental implants significantly improve facial aesthetics and structural integrity
- Dental implants are indistinguishable from a cosmetic perspective.
(Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland) FICOI, (Fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists).
Specialist Dental Implant Surgeon.
Ask the Expert Have a Question?
Send an email or discuss your dental problem with Dr.Biju Thomas
Do you want to learn more about our services?
Download Dubai Dental Brochure
schedule your appointment
- Our dental solutions are modeled on international healthcare standards
- All patients are personally overseen and treated by Dr. Thomas himself
- Associated with master dental technicians with 3-D precision bone scan facility
Schedule your evaluation right now!
Recover the will to smile with freedom and comfort