Dental Implant for Failing Root Canal Treatments
A tooth usually requires root canal when the person experiences a constant toothache, and the crown becomes extremely sensitive to heat or cold, followed by painful “twinging” sensation. During this stage, the patient must visit a qualified and experienced dental surgeon to get the tooth properly checked. After an X-ray, your dentist may discover that one of your teeth is deteriorating from the inside out. While the common course of action is getting a root canal, it may not permanently solve the issue and pain may recur if the root canal fails.
Non-surgical root canal treatment (NSRCT) is a common practice carried out to kill pain-causing nerves without losing the natural tooth. While NSRCT has shown a high success rate, the procedure does not always yield the desired results. This is among the leading reasons of root canal failure and often requires the same painful procedure on the same tooth over and over.
Repeated root canal treatments are known to cause unwanted dental complications and often lead to challenging situations even for some of the most experienced dental surgeons. In such cases, it is highly recommended to have the affected tooth extracted and replaced with a dental implant.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Before technology had made significant progress in dentistry, failing root canals were
diagnosed by identifying the abscess in the affected tooth and treated by drilling a hole through
the bone itself. This not only resulted in additional damage to the area but also caused in a high
degree of pain during the procedure. Since dental implants have a 99% success rate and their
synthetic compounds make them almost 8 times more durable than natural teeth, they make
the perfect dental restoration solution for failing root canals.
Advantages of Dental Implants
- A single tooth implant can be used to support a bridge and replace multiple teeth
- Are more stable and comfortable than any other dental solutions available
- Have a great success rate and require minimum to zero cost on maintenance
- Does not affect other functions of the mouth and helps preserve oral health
- Can be regularly brushed, flossed, or treated without causing complications
- Great solution for facial aesthetic improvement, preventing bones loss and gum erosion
- Improves overall physiological health, increasing confidence while smiling and eating
- Do not require distasteful adhesives or plastic coverings that affect the flavor of food
- Gives natural sensation when eating since the tooth is fused with the bone
Why Choose Us?
Dr. Thomas personally treats every patient, providing the finest dental care tailored for every patient’s specific needs in an all-state of the art facility. We strongly believe that patients must have a clear understanding and knowledge of their treatment before it is given. We conduct counseling sessions help our patients remain informed on their current dental status, and the range of specialized treatments we can offer for their failing root canal.
How useful was this page?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: