Single Tooth Replacement
A tooth missing can cause imbalance in biting function and unpleasant sight, especially when it is your frontal teeth. Patients usually ignore a single missing tooth. The missing tooth, if not replaced, can cause loss of harmony. The nearby teeth move to the gap causing space between the existing teeth leading to food entrapment and subsequent gum infection. If one leaves this for a long time, the gap becomes very small then replacement will be difficult.
Reasons Why We Recommend Dental Implant for Single Tooth Replacement
- An implant in the bone is recognized by the jaw bone as a lost root of the tooth.
- When you place an implant, you do not have to grind adjacent teeth as in the case of a dental bridge.
- Dental Implant surgery is very straight forward and painless in experienced hands.
- Time taken to place a single implant is less than 45 minutes under local anesthesia
- Dental Implant prevents shrinking of bone and retains the bone volume.
- Dental Implants used at our clinic are FDA or CE certified (Highest Authority in certification)
- An integrated implant is 8 times stronger than a natural tooth.
- Since the implant crown is stable and sturdy, the patient can eat any type of food with ease
- As the Dental Implant is pure titanium, it will not get decayed or much more resistant than natural tooth which can get decayed if proper care is not taken.
Problems with Other Solutions for Single Tooth Replacement like a Flipper or a Bridge
- Removable Partial Denture ( Flipper )
The denture is usually made from plastic and requires cleaning on a daily basis. The flipper gives a more aesthetic function than mechanical since its biting efficiency is only 10% of the natural tooth. The flipper rests on the gum, causing discomfort while weakening the nearby teeth and eroding the gum around them.
- Dental Bridge
A dental bridge works by taking support from the surrounding teeth, which are made small to allow connection with the bridge. Over time, the teeth become sensitive and vulnerable to decay.