Cosmetic Dental Bonding
What is Cosmetic Dental Bonding?
Cosmetic dental bonding uses a special tooth-colored resin, which is applied to the tooth then hardened using a special light. This bonds the resin to the tooth either to restore it or to improve the appearance of the teeth.
What is Cosmetic Dental Bonding Used for?
Dental bonding can be considered to fix the following dental issues:
- To repair decayed teeth (composite resins are used to fill cavities)
- To repair chipped or cracked teeth
- To close spaces between teeth
- To make teeth look longer
- To improve the appearance of discolored teeth
- To change the shape of teeth
- As a cosmetic alternative to amalgam fillings
- To protect a portion of the tooth’s root that has been exposed when gums recede
What are the advantages Cosmetic Dental bonding?
Cosmetic Dental bonding is among the easiest and least expensive of cosmetic dental procedures. Unlike veneers and crowns, which are customized tooth coverings that must be manufactured in a laboratory, dental bonding usually can be done in one clinic visit unless several teeth are involved. Another advantage, compared with veneers and crowns, is that the least amount of tooth enamel is removing. In addition, unless dental bonding is being performed to fill a cavity, anesthesia is usually not required.
How useful was this page?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: