Dr. Thomas BDS, FFDRCS (Ireland), FICOI (USA)
D.H.A. Certified Specialist Implantologist and GP
M.O.H Certified Consultant Maxillofacial Surgeon - Grade A
Dr. Thomas who started his clinic in 2008 in Jumeira Lake Towers, DMCC, is now one of UAE’s most reputed and sought out dental implant specialist in Dubai. A compassionate healthcare professional with over 20 years of experience, Dr. Thomas has spent several years in world’s leading dental institutes, hospitals, and health centers, earning notable accreditations and establishing associations with some of the world’s renowned dental organizations.
Among peers, Dr. Thomas is well known for his “Patient First” attitude and his methodological approach in evaluating patients uniquely, creating detailed multiple modality treatment plans during consultation.
- Fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologist, U.S.A.
- Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland.
- Member of the Indian Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons.
- Director & Chief Implantologist, Scientific Dental clinic, India. www.scientificdentalclinic.com
- Former Mentor of Nobelbiocare Implant Fellowship Program
- Former Maxillofacial Registrar at these centers of excellence:
- CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL – UK
- TRINITY UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL – IRELAND
- GLOUCESTERSHIRE HOSPITAL – UK
- Consultant Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon – Head of the Department Maxillofacial Surgery Specialist Hospital, Cochin. A hospital exclusively dedicated to plastic reconstruction surgery.
- Senior Consultant Orthognathic Surgeon, Multidisciplinary Program Dept. of Orthodontics, A.B Shetty Dental College, Mangalore Senior Specialist in treating facial deformities.
- Chairman of Sun Foundation A Charitable Trust for people with facial deformities.
- Consultant Dental Surgeon, Hindustan Newsprint Ltd., Velloor Indian Airlines – Kochi.
Before establishing his own clinic in Jumeira Lake Towers, Dr. Thomas worked in the following Hospitals as Maxillofacial Registrar
Cambridge University Hospital – UK
One of UK’s NHS Foundation Trusts, the Cambridge University Hospital ranks among the list of leading healthcare institutes in England and provides specialist services in the Cambridge area. Dr. Thomas worked as fully paid specialist registrar of the maxillofacial department. The responsibilities included pre and post-operative management of patients for cases like maxillofacial trauma, salivary gland surgeries, oro-facial tumor removal, surgeries for facial deformities, craniofacial and dental implant treatments and so much more. Here, Dr. Thomas specialized in aseptic surgical procedures and medico-legal aspects and mastered surgical and prosthetic management of craniofacial implants in the craniofacial laboratory.
Trinity University Hospital – Dublin, Ireland
Known as the Tertiary Referral Centre for all specialties, St. James Hospital in an NHS Foundation Trust located in the heart of Dublin, Ireland. Its academic partner is the University of Dublin, Trinity College. Here, Dr. Thomas Thomas worked as a specialist registrar in close liaison with the dean of the Dentistry Department of the Royal Surgeons, Mr. Frank Brady. Dr. Thomas was a member of the trauma team and was one in three seconds on call. With vast experience and interdisciplinary skills, Dr. Thomas conducted various complex operations, earning new badges to his reputation.
Gloucester Royal Hospital – UK
Gloucester Royal Hospital is among England’s most prestigious healthcare institutes, located in Great Western Road, Gloucester. As an NHS district hospital, it serves southern and western Gloucestershire and parts of Herefordshire. Dr. Thomas worked as an associate specialist at Gloucester General Hospital and Cheltenham General Hospital, treating patients with different dental diseases, disorders, and injuries. During this time, Dr. Thomas gained extensive experience in advanced dental implant procedures and craniofacial implant treatments. This is when he decided to finally set up his own dental establishment.