Dr. Biju Thomas BDS, FFDRCS (Ireland), FICOI (USA)
Dr. Biju Thomas BDS, FFDRCSI (Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland),FICOI (USA)
D.H.A. Certified Specialist Implantologist and GP
M.O.H Certified Consultant Maxillofacial Surgeon - Grade A
- Fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologist, U.S.A.
- Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland.
- Member of the Indian Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons.
- Director & Chief Implantologist, Scientific Dental clinic, India. www.scientificdentalclinic.com
- Former Mentor of Nobelbiocare Implant Fellowship Programme
- Former Maxillofacial Registrar at these centers of excellence:
- CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL – UK
- TRINITY UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL – IRELAND
- GLOUCESTERSHIRE HOSPITAL – UK
- Consultant Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon – Head of the Department Maxillofacial Surgery Specialist Hospital, Cochin. A hospital exclusively dedicated to plastic reconstruction surgery.
- Senior Consultant Orthognathic Surgeon, Multidisciplinary Programme Dept. of Orthodontics, A.B Shetty Dental College, Mangalore Senior Specialist in treating facial deformities.
- Chairman of Sun Foundation A Charitable Trust for people with facial deformities.
- Consultant Dental Surgeon, Hindustan Newsprint Ltd., Velloor Indian Airlines – Kochi.
Formerly Maxillofacial Registrar at centers of excellence:
Cambridge University Hospital – UK
ADDENBROOKE’S HOSPITAL, NHS Foundation Trust is an internationally renowned teaching hospital with all specialities located in Cambridge, England.
The maxillofacial department was the tertiary referral center for the whole of East Anglia. As a fully paid Specialist Registrar of this department, Dr. Thomas was in charge of managing inpatients. His responsibilities included pre and post operative management of patients for cases like maxillofacial trauma, salivary gland surgeries, oro-facial tumor removal, surgeries for facial deformities, craniofacial and dental implant treatments and so much more.
As the Specialist Registrar under the East Anglia Higher Surgical Training, he was part of the trauma team. With interdisciplinary support, he carried out multiple complex operations under general anesthesia. There, he honed his knowledge and skills regarding aseptic surgical procedures and medico legal aspects. He had his own unsupervised operating theatre list, twice a week, wherein he carried out procedures under IV sedation on his own. Furthermore, he also spent a lot of time in the unit’s craniofacial laboratory where he actively participated in the surgical and prosthetic management of craniofacial implant supported prosthesis.
Trinity University Hospital – Dublin, Ireland
ST. JAMES’ HOSPITAL, NHS Foundation Trust is a hospital known as the National Tertiary Referral Centre for all specialities in Dublin, Ireland.
Registered with the Dental Council of the Republic of Ireland, Dr. Thomas was a fully paid Specialist Registrar working closely with Mr. Frank Brady, the dean of the Dentistry Department of the Royal College of Surgeons. The hospital was the centre for fellowship examinations. Dr. Thomas was a part of the trauma team and was one in three second on call. With interdisciplinary support, he carried out multiple complex operations under general anesthesia. He had his own unsupervised operating theatre list, twice a week, wherein he carried out procedures under IV sedation on his own.
Gloucester Royal Hospital – UK
GLOUCESTER ROYAL HOSPITAL is an NHS district general hospital in Great Western Road, Gloucester, England.
Dr. Thomas worked as an associate specialist at GLOUSTER ROYAL HOSPITAL and CHELTANAM GENERAL HOSPITAL.
Having gained extensive work experience, he finally decided to set up his own private clinic. Because of his enormous interest in dental and craniofacial implant treatments, he narrowed down his private practice to focus predominantly on implant treatments.